Changing your role may seem to many a daunting task. Being able to identify your interests and skills, evaluate job opportunities and present yourself well to potential employers will enhance your chances of securing that challenging and satisfying position.
This course aims to help delegates:
- Understand and recognise their key interests and skills and how these may be attractive to potential employers.
- Identify routes to securing a new role and how to prepare a dynamic C.V.
- Prepare and practice for interviews plus how to present themselves effectively to prospective employers.
Those who want to enhance their prospects in the job market
On completion of the training, participants will be able to
- Define the key skills they have to offer
- Research the job market
- Market their skills
- Compile a compelling and attractive C.V.
- Devise a personal job search strategy
- Present and promote themselves properly to potential employers
What can I offer?
- Identification of interests
- Skill Analysis
Finding a role
- Reactively – adverts, job fairs
- Proactively – making enquiries and writing to employers,
Communicating with potential employers
- Preparing a C.V.
- Job application forms
- Writing letters
- Telephone skills
- Preparing for interview
- Questions and answers
- Coping with nerves
- Features and benefits
Recommended 1 full day or two ½ days for up to 12 delegates
This course can be delivered:
- to meet individual company requirements
- within company premises
- specifically to a group or team of staff
- one to one for senior executives