Team based working is an integral part of today’s organisations. Being able to work well within a team requires a range of essential skills such as the ability to influence others, participation, and collaboration. These skills, combined with a willingness to develop the team, are the hallmarks of an effective team player.
People who are involved in working within a team
On completion of the training, participants will be able to:
- Define the factors which influence effective team working
- Understand key factors required for team excellence
- Identify team roles and their personal preferences
- Demonstrate and develop team building skills
- Teams versus groups
- Importance of teams in the workplace
- Main elements of team working
- Recognize the importance of being able to influence others.
- Choose the strategies used in persuasion.
- Identify the methods of effective communication.
- Apply the appropriate strategies for eliminating or controlling conflict.
Participation and Collaboration
- Positive inter-team working
- Recognize the value of rapport and identify how to build rapport
- Creating shared goals and deliverables
- Identify the qualities that develop team synergy.
- Recognizing your role in the team
- Appreciation of different types of people
- Problem solving
- Choose the methods for coaching and counseling team mates
- Supportive behaviour
Recommended 1 day course for up to 12 delegates
- to meet individual company requirements
- within company premises
- specifically to a group or team of staff
- one to one for senior executives